I know I know. All anyone is posting about is #OMGTHENORDSTROMANNIVERSARYSALE!
I wasn’t going to do anything because it seemed everyone had that taken care of. But after getting a few requests including the text from my sister “please send me the list of everything you’re buying!” I figured what the hey. Let’s put something cool together.
Good news is the Nordstrom sale is filled with tons of basics. And I looked through EVERYTHING for you and realized you could put together a pretty impressive Fall Capsule of really quality pieces for a fraction of what it would usually cost. That’s worthwhile, no?
I’m going to use this great shot from my pal Liz Adams and a few other ladies to demonstrate how cute mixing and matching basics like the ones listed below…
Cute top + jacket + skinny jeans + great shoes and you are good to go!
So if you don’t know how it works, the sale is currently only open to Nordstrom card holders. (You could probably find a friend or relative who has a login you can use… but don’t tell anyone I said that). Then the sale opens to everyone on Thursday (I think… maybe…).
But oh my gosh I just went to place my order and things I listed are already selling out… argh.
So let’s hurry on up and do this before it all goes!
*Oh, and anything with an asterisk is something I bought for myself in case you were wondering.
For Fall Capsule: choose any 3, ideally in different colors. Or all 9. I won’t judge. UPDATE: these are selling out really fast… :/
1 simple bell sleeve in my favorite color*
2. grey cold-shoulder*
3. the everyday v-neck sweater (also love it in black, grey, white)
4. cashmere cold shoulder in classic black
5. side ties cashmere
6. back zip pullover (love the beige and grey)*
7. chic grey tie waist (love all four colors)*
8. front and back v-neck cashmere
9. off the shoulder sweatshirt (the black is equally awesome)
For Fall Capsule: Choose one from each row. Or as many as you like, really…
1 cold shoulder with ties top (also this bowless option if bows aren’t your thing)
2. drapey off the shoulder top
3. striped pocket tee
4. lace sleeveless top
5. blue lace trim top
6. slit tank (perfect for layering or wearing in the evening under any of the jackets)
7. tie front top (a little summery, but with the right accessories I’d make this work year-round)
8. rolled sleeve blush glitter tee
9. the fancy everyday long sleeve tee
10. the chambray shirt everyone should own at a price you can’t beat
11. classy dress-up bell sleeve top
12. classic work shirt (also in black and white!)
For Fall Capsule: Get one in each color and call it a day. Stretchy, comfy, chic designer jeans for half off. I can attest these are actually comfortable to wear all day because of the thin, stretchy fabric, and they make butts look pretty. damn. good.
1 DL1961 skinny jeans for $99 (usually $178)*
2. Joe’s for $99 (usually $168)
3. Rag & Bone for $138 (usually $198)*
4. DL1961 for $99 (originally $178 and the comfiest jeans I’ve ever owned)
5. Citizens of Humanity for $158 (usually $238)*
6. FRAME denim for $150 (usually $235)
Day dresses on top + evening attire on bottom… choose one from each row.
Jackets and sweaters are the essence of fall fashion in my opinion. Every woman could really get one from each row and put them all to good, regular use. Up to you!
1 open collar leather jacket
2. black faux moto jacket ($64!)*
3. shrunken leather bomber*
4. classic utility jacket
5. hooded anorak
6. faux fur anorak
7. faux suede jacket*
8. comfy knit moto jacket
9. drapey faux suede jacket
All of these coats are just so. good…. so I call this the classy AF collection, but decided to go even further and give each them their own personality. Which one would you choose for Fall 2017?
1 the “damn straight I wear pastels in fall, you don’t?” coat
2. the “what would Blair Waldorf wear” wool wrap coat
3. the “I regularly lunch at fancy hotel restaurants” wrap coat
4. the “I may or may not run my own start-up” coat* (I swear I named it that before deciding I wanted it… it’s a little funny)
5. the “I prefer dresses to pants” flare sleeve wool coat
6. the “I’m ready to be more fashiony” faux suede trench
7. the “I intentionally always overdress” wool blend double breasted coat
8. the “classy AF” iconic trench –> buy. keep forever.*
9. the “too cool to give a f*ck” longline coat
Choose one from each row! Although I will say I’m super underwhelmed with how small the handbag selection is for this sale.
1. suede crossbody
2. faux leather clutch for $30
3. embroidered bag
4. mirrored rimless Le Specs
5. black and gold Le Specs
6. blush frames Quay
7. the designer name classic
8. the affordable classic
9. the Michele classic if you’ve been wanting to invest
I love shoes! Even the crazy trendy embroidered and velvet ones. Totally impractical but considering how simple all of the fashion items are, you need to have fun somewhere! Booties, mules, sneakers… they’re all still fair game going into fall so stock up. And this sale is a great time to invest in the OTK if you’ve been on the fence.
1 waterproof blush sneaker (keyword: WATERPROOF!)
2. classic Adidas white sneaks
3. black velvet slip-on slippies (sneakers)
4. minimal mules that look way more $$$ than they are
5. embroidered flats
6. embellished mules
7. black slides (I’d get these if I ever wore heels)
8. blush velvet stacked heel
9. investment tan bootie for half off ($329, originally $500)*
10. black OTK for under $100*
11. grey OTK for under $100
12. investment black bootie ($350, originally $575)
Fancy Beauty Products
(The Expensive Ones You Always Wanted to Try but Couldn’t Muster the Price Tag –> now’s the time!)
1 best smelling hair products ever
2. this serum stuff to at least attempt to have Julie Engel eyelashes
3. apparently La Mer is the best skin stuff in the world
4. a good blowdryer is worth its weight in gold
5. waves, curls, straightening… this fancy styler does it all
6. Addicted to Nude lip kit in the prettiest packaging
7. the fancy candles you see all over instagram? it’s true. they smell amazing.*
photos by Liz Adams