I’ve moved a lot.
Since graduating college 10 years ago I’ve lived in…
- a decently crap apartment in Washington DC
- my mom’s house
- my Southport apartment with a roommate
- my Uptown apartment with a roommate
- my Lincoln Park one-bedroom lady apartment by myself
- my West Town duplex with Danielle
- my Wicker Park apartment with Dan (never ran home tour)
- the current #SchmiedskiGreystone townhouse
Wow! 8! I didn’t even realize it was that many.
There are some pieces that have lasted EVERY move and others that have at least lasted a couple. Considering I’ve gone from tiny apartment to room at my mom’s to big apartment to small to big duplex back to small now back to big… a lot of items have come and go in the process.
Here are ten classic home decor and furniture items that I’ve had for a long while – or at least have NO plans to give up any time soon.
And I highly recommend investing in any of these if you’re in the market as their neutral palette, quality materials and construction, and classic design are sure to work in any space or style home.