I’ve always worn a lot of black and white… it’s classic and easy and everything pairs with everything. I’ve also placed a lot of black and white around our home–art, bedding, dining chairs…the stripe pillows on our bed that ya’ll love so much (as do I!). Speaking of the striped pillows, they are my most favorite pattern: the bateau stripe, or French stripe. It’s thin black stripes interspersed with white spacing and I just don’t see it enough in home decor, but it’s a staple in the fashion world. I own several shirts in this classic pattern. We even included it in our Fashion Essentials for The Everygirl Handbook.
And I’m not sure about you, but I’ve sometimes struggled with wearing black in the summer… it almost seems too heavy or dark for the hot temps. People tend to favor navy, myself included. But this combo of black paired with white in light fabrics and slinky silhouettes makes it accessible even in warm summer months.
1. plunge swimsuit (best seller!) – ya’ll loved this
2. silk scarf – in your hair or tie it around your neck or bag
3. black white striped shirt – where it year-round, all day, er day
4. white wayfarer sunglasses – classic style in a color that pops against tanned skin
5. black crossover sandal – the perfect shoe for long days and lots of walking
6. white toothpick jeans – a summer staple
7. tassel earrings – on trend and always cute
8. stripe pillow indoor/outdoor – I have these on our outdoor sofa but they work inside too
9. silk cami – dressing up was never so easy
10. white panama hat – up your beach style 100x with this single accessory
11. black crossbody with tassel – I have the blush, use it every day, debating getting the black
12. white sandal – Instagram’s It Shoe
13. striped espadrilles – like a slipper you can wear outside and really cute
What are you go to colors for summer? Does it change season to season?
feature image via Nicole Franzen