This time last year we were embarking on major renovations in the main living space of our home (kitchen was gutted and fireplace mantel was redone), which meant there was no time to decorate and embrace fall and all that came with it. This year I am jumping head first into the moody earth tones, plaid accents, rustic decorative items, and candles galore. I hosted an outdoor dinner party for my mom last week, we have Charlie’s birthday coming up, and I might even have a little outdoor dinner gathering for my own birthday which is next week!
In case any of you are like me and looking to get back into some safe gatherings and zhushing up your space for fall and the holidays to follow, here are a few stylish finds at insanely good prices from Walmart’s home section – including the natural beeswax candles I used last weekend that ya’ll asked about!
I always check Walmart Home when I’m in the market for something because their prices really are the best. They have fast, reliable shipping, and a large variety of items often exclusive to their store (like most of the items below)! You may recall I spruced up our backyard with finds from Walmart also–we live in those Adirondack chairs. From larger items like furniture, mirrors, and faux plants, to smaller things like cookware, throws, and decorative accents, the carry everything from every part of your home.
1. 6 qt dutch oven – essential for soups, stews, and braised meats
2. navy fringe blanket – love a fringy throw over the foot of the bed or arm chair
3. serving platter with handles – adding to my collection as I learned I can never have enough
4. globe string lights – for magical dining al fresco
5. oversized distressed tray – love. ordered. would make an incredible centerpiece!
6. black frame arched mirror – plan on getting a floor mirror in this style
7. faux fiddle leaf fig – to fill a living room corner the other ten months of a year when the Christmas tree isn’t up
8. sorted tank basket – this is kind of funny, it lives on the back of the toilet tank which is great for guest bathrooms to have extra toiletries and paper
9. industrial metal pendant – looks a lot more $$ than it is
10. taper candlesticks – I had a dozen and plan on getting a couple dozen more to get us through Thanksgiving
11. farmhouse TV stand – if you’re in the market, you can’t beat this price and style!
12. transparent green vase – love the color this brings to a room; plan on placing on the floor near our fireplace
13. striped tassel throw – also great at the foot of the bed
14. windowpane floor pillow – cozy extra seating (would also make a great pet bed!)
15. distressed vase – love this – great for an entry console table or mantel styling!
16. black wishbone chairs – we have this style in both dining areas; to everyone who asks, they are very comfortable!
17. arched brass floor mirror – love this style; price is even better
18. natural fiber rug – great classic rug for any room in the house; can layer a vintage rug over it!
19. glass hurricane for outdoor dining – really needed these at our dinner party last weekend; they look so beautiful with the glow shining through
20. solid wood dining table – if you’re in the market and plan on hosting anyone for upcoming holidays, this is a great style and can seat up to 6! I recommend pairing with the wishbone chairs and the jute rug!
21. set of towels in honey – if you want to bring a lil’ bit of fall into the kitchen