I’ve been a big fan of having a wardrobe “uniform” for a few years now. What do I mean by that? Basically I wear the same outfits and items on repeat day in and day out. A lot of people refer to this as a Capsule Wardrobe. I don’t follow all of the guidelines of a technical capsule wardrobe–I think you only keep 30 items in your closet or something like that. But if you counted the pieces I wore on rotation in a given season, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was significantly less than 30 pieces with a few rogue items sneaking in here and there when the mood strikes.
I thought I’d share some of my favorite staples with you! As you can see, they all mix and match.
And you’ll probably notice that I’m in what I like to call a machine-washable phase of life with the MVP of my wardrobe being the sweatshirt. Thank lordy cute sweatshirts are in right now! You can dress them up or get cozy in them at home.
I’m also 100% here for the flare denim trend that has made its way back!
1. oversized white button down – after two babies in two years, give me ALL THE SLOUCHY TOPS
3. feminine lace top – perfect for work or date nights
4. slouchy silk top – I get this type of thing in at least two colors
6. lace-trim v-neck sweater (looove this in the light color also)
7. slouchy sweater – again somethin I’d buy in 2 or 3 colors
9. v-neck hoodie – white is risky for me with a sweatshirt since I lie in sweatshirts around my boys but all of the colors are so good
11. v-neck tees (a few of them, also in black and grey)
12. shirt dress
13. blush boyfriend coat – I still wear mine from the Nordstrom sale 3 years ago on repeat
14. utility jacket – the last one I wore for ten years and it now has holes in it; I really need a new one
15. leopard midi skirt – for being fancy
16. skinny ankle jeans – wear daily.
17. flare jeans – I’m so here for this trend coming back!
18. joggers – also wear daily, my go-to joggers that I live in and they’re under $40
19. leather backpack – my main purse, I use this for work and as diaper/catchall bag
20. oversized frame glasses – functional and cute
21. canvas baseball cap – for my frequent bad hair days
26. comfy fancy sandals (should I ever need to dress up)